I’ve been making some “less than half” masks – some manly character noses for stage use. This one is going really quite large. Pics here of the clay sculpt, and then after being draped in a low temperature thermoplastic – I used Instamorph, heated and rolled into sheets, then dipped in boiling water for draping. Now comes the trimming, painting and the adding of moustaches to this and other noses I’ve made in the last few days.
A while back I ran away from a twentymumble-year corporate career to be a feckless art student. Since then I've dirtied my hands with, metaphorically and/or literally, bronze and ceramic sculpture, photography, and digital and traditional illustration. Mask making was one discovery, dovetailing with my interests in teaching and performing improvised theatre.
View all posts by alittleart